Sunday, November 11, 2012

Chapter 11 Question 3

Social Networking is a topic I found very interesting in Chapter 11. Over the course of the past 10 years or so social networking has really launched and made an immense impact on todays society. Social networking helps build relationships and makes it incredibly easy for someone to contact a friend. This process is extremely convenient for its users and has been proven to make people's lives much easier from a communication standpoint. I believe however the problem with social networking is that people lose a sense of how to communicate in the real world by social networking too much. If we're constantly talking through text on a screen, I feel like over time talking one on one will become more difficult. Another problem of social networking is that nobody really knows who you're really talking to. I could be talking to someone who shares my friends name but I NEVER actually know if it's really him or her. I could be talking to someone who created an account under my friends name. It's a mystery sometimes and it can result very badly.

1 comment:

  1. Social Networking plays a big role in society given that every single teenager and kid out there is on facebook or myspace and every other source of media. Instagram and tumblr are also other social networking that are becoming more popular with everyone even older adults. You can see that as time goes on, we as a generation grows more attached to media and become more reliant on technology. We are definitely stuck in the age of technology and it may not be a bad thing but then is portrayed as dependency. I believe we spend too much time on our phones and computer instead of reading or getting involved in politics that truly conflicts with our lives.

    ReplyDelete