Saturday, November 3, 2012

Chapter 10 Question 1

An advertising strategy is a technique used to motivate the consumer to do what's wanted by the seller or one trying to persuade. Different marketing strategies I have experienced this week include an Audi commercial where all of the scenery was black and white and the Audi was colored red. This was not a good marketing strategy because I didn't feel very motivated to buy an Audi afterwards. All it did was show me a 2013 car that's coming out with not very many new features. It's just a car. On the other hand, the new Samsung Galaxy Note 2 features LeBron James in the commercial and it shows how much you can do on the phone all while James is enjoying using it. This makes me want to purchase the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 because it has many new features and they make an effort to point that out.

1 comment:

  1. What a coincidence. I was a great commercial given that I was affected by it. Not only the celebrity endorsement by LeBron James had a role but also like you explained the many features that it contains gave me a reason to like this phone. I loved the way it incorporated the many features throughout the story of the commercial such as the depth camera and fast internet connection when they are sitting in the barber shop watching videos online of himself dunking the ball. I also liked the shoes he was wearing which is irrelevant but feel like it should be pointed out. Overall the marketing was on point for this commercial with its presentation.

    ReplyDelete