Saturday, September 15, 2012

Chapter 7 Question 1

An inductive argument that I experienced last week happened during my job. I was working as the guy who makes sure all the food is stocked up and ready to serve to customers. During my job, the person who was working the grill asked me to fetch him more burger patties, so I did. However, these burger patties need to be refrigerated or kept in some sort of cooling environment to assure quality. Unfortunately, they were left out in room temperature for more than two hours. I told him we needed to throw them out due to the exposure to a high temperature for so long. I know for a fact that if the frozen burgers are left out in the open for that long, they're gonna go bad. He told me they'd be fine, but it was obvious from how they looked that they could potentially make customers ill.

This is an inductive argument because it's a fact that burgers must be kept refrigerated to assure quality and that too much exposure to high temperatures (aside from frying them) will make them go bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment