Sunday, December 9, 2012

Last Week Discussion, Question 3

Finally the last post! A concept that I feel could use further discussion from this class is probably making decisions while working in small groups, especially designated towards the group facilitation assignment we just completed. In the process of making these decisions, the participants in the sample used various types of communication styles like assertive, passive, and passive aggressive. However this was the only thing I went in depth about in the paper. I feel like there are more topics to discuss when making these decisions in such a limited amount of time. In 20 minutes, hypothetically, the group was supposed to hire one of a given amount of candidates for a Public Relations job. However, the group could only discuss so many pros and cons about the candidates in such a small amount of time. I feel like there could've been more progressive ways of making such a significant decision. But since we didn't have the experience, there wasn't much we could do.

Anyways, thank you all for the great semester. I hope you all have great success in your endeavors. Peace out!

-Chandler Martin  

1 comment:

  1. What a nice ending to a great semester! I also thought that we skated past the group communication book pretty fast and we all hoped that working in groups would work out. I felt like many of the concepts that we read about in that book were not really applied to anything else during the actual papers. The final assignment I will admit that my team actually never met in real-time and everything was basically via email. One person recorded the thing and we all just wrote seperate parts of the paper. There was no group communication actually used.

    ReplyDelete