Saturday, December 8, 2012

Last Week Discussion, Question 2

My favorite thing about the class was definitely getting together with the groups and having the group essay assignments, because for me, it makes it a whole lot easier getting quality work done when 4 people put pieces together and are able to edit it the way you want them. Also being able to share thoughts makes for interesting discussions and even broader, more in depth responses to questions. My least favorite thing was hands down the fact that it was online. Although it was me who signed up for the class, it was my first time doing an online class and I never really adapted to not going to class twice a week and having to remember to check the website constantly. Unfortunately, this hindered my grade, but I know that I could've done much better had it been a physical class. Honestly, I don't think the class can be improved. It was a good class, and was fun yet challenging at the same time.

3 comments:

  1. The group projects were fun and interesting because we got to actually gather together and think about the topic as a whole. It was an interesting experience to see how people thought about certain topics that was given to us and hearing people’s perspectives opened up my mind about the topic that I didn’t see before I heard their reasons. The group project definitely helped me understand the concepts more because we all shared our thoughts on how they work and we gave each other new perspectives about many of these concepts. This was my first online class as well; I think that it was hard to adapt checking what there is to do constantly every week. As you said it was hard to adapt to it, and maybe could have been different if we physically met. But overall it was still a fun experience to have an online class.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you about the groups. Even though I did not really meet up physically with my group, things were just better with a group. I love how our opinions contrasted and also were similar. The conflicting ideas created discussion within our groups and overall made our papers better and things in this class such as the concepts became easier to understand. Also just by discussing we ended up using the concepts we learned in this book which is ironic but interesting. I also agree with the online part. I believe that was the part that hurt me the most just because this is the first online class I took and I ended up missing the first week because I was unaware and new to this online class. But other than that the class was great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chandler,
    Your post was really interesting. My least favorite thing to do was the group projects, which is the total opposite of what you said. Most people I know, including me, do not like them. I do not like the fact that if the work is split up and one person does not do the work it ruins the work of the others. Like if someone wanted something done by a certain day and everyone else had it except one, it kind of puts pressure on the rest of them. But, all in all I think it was fun to meet the people from and online class.

    ReplyDelete