Sunday, October 7, 2012

Chapter 3, Question 3

One of the sections in Chapter 3 that I found interesting was the nonverbal communication portion. The fact that animals generally use nonverbal communication is incredibly fascinating. Especially like bees dancing to let each other know what they're saying, stingrays using sonic waves to tell each other what's going on and things like that. I for one have a lot of experience with nonverbal communication just because I use it so frequently. For example, while playing basketball, a simple hand gesture or head nod can tell somebody what position I want them to be on the court or where I'm going or where I want them to go. Gestures can also make teaching or persuading a whole lot easier just by explaining through hand motion or body motion to tell the learner what to do. Nonverbal communication is an important factor on a lot of people's lives and is used by almost everyone on a daily basis.

No comments:

Post a Comment